Of all the roles and jobs in healthcare, why should you consider becoming a medical assistant? Contrary to what many people often believe, the role of a medical assistant cannot be done away with. In fact, they are critical part of healthcare teams, and often a lot more of work to do than nurses at the ground level. They are also responsible for ensuring that patients get the quality care they deserve and ensure apt and adequate communication between staff members. In this post, we are discussing the top reasons why you should consider one of the medical assistant programs New York.
- Start your career immediately. Becoming a medical assistant doesn’t require as much time as becoming a doctor or nurse, and you will be still employed full-time in the healthcare sector. Most courses in the US require 10 months of training and further 180 hours of externship, but you can take up a role right away.
- This is an in-demand job. The healthcare system will always require medical assistants, and more people would be in need of healthcare. Let’s face it – you are unlikely to see a slump in your career in any way.
- Because the jobs are stable. The paychecks for medical assistants are considerably high, and there is no reason why the chart should go down. Even when most people are not making enough money, you know will have a job that’s not susceptible to layoffs.
- The role is fulfilling. The role of medical assistants extends beyond the clerical work, and if you like the medical world and want to be involved in caregiving in some form, this is the career you need. Thankfully, medical assistants don’t have as many tasks as CNAs, but the work is satisfying.
- The career can be flexible and demanding. While medical assistants may need to work for long hours, it is still possible to have a schedule that fits your personal life. Also, you can choose to enjoy the work for longer hours, depending on where you work.
Becoming a medical assistant could change your perception of a career in the medical world. The role can be rewarding, demanding and pleasing at the same time, and you will constantly learn on the job. Of course, take your time to find the best school for your certification and check all the relevant details of the course.